The video above, is something that is very near and dear to my heart. This is something that I do not think I would have discovered, had there not been a pandemic. While yes, the pandemic has had very negative impacts, its had some positives come out of it too. In the video, I recorded and made various forms of media, in order to put everything together as one.
- Workout videos: I took some previous workout videos I had already made, during my times where I could not get to an actual gym and recorded my outdoor workouts. When I did get access to a gym, I recorded videos using many different types of equipment. Recording these video, called for a lot of editing and putting specific workouts in a specific order, so that it would be able to flow together cohesively. For many of the workout videos specifically, I used TikTok, because it had great transitions and great ways to edit different clips together.
- Workout Photos: To show some of my progress, I took many different photos, to compare what I looked like in the past, until now. This way viewers would be able to see, that it takes time and there is no set limit on how much progress should be made, during one’s fitness journey.
- Healthy Meals: I wanted to incorporate some of the meals, that I have eaten, throughout my journey and how it has significantly impacted me. I found myself in the beginning just working out, eating whatever, but it matters how one eats too. There are many different approaches that people can take, most of the time I found myself on a vegetarian diet. I did eat meat occassionally, but it was something that helped me to see change. I think including some of these meals, would be helpful and give some people meal ideas.
- Music Audio: I used Garageband, one of my favorite music making platforms. There, I played around with the loops and different beats, in order to produce a song that would go good with my video. This took a lot of just listening and editing sounds, adjusting where I put certain beats, and making sure it would not over power my narration.
- Narration: Fitness, as well as living a healthy lifestyle, is something that I have become very passionate about. Therefore, my narration was literally me, voicing my journey and being transparent about the steps I took to get to a certain point. I also, added this narration, so that it would allow for the various different types of media, included in the video, to work together. This is something that I also, wanted to use as motivation to others and just creating the understanding that we all can take different steps and live different types of healthy lifestyles. The overall message being, that everyone’s fitness journey is not going to be the same.
- Putting it all together: This is where I used iMovie, I was able to add all of my videos, photos, music, and narration, to become one. Again, I had to adjust where I wanted certain videos or photos to go, like which one would come after the other. I also had to add the music in a way that it would loop and play for the whole video. I recorded my narration in iMovie, which was really helpful in seeing everything else together and being able to talk over the music. After I did this editing, I uploaded my video to Youtube and My Fitness Journey video was complete!
Looking back on all the work that had to be done, in order to produce good results. It took a good amount of time, but I found that this was something that I wanted to share with the world even more. Not only is this a final project, but something I see myself doing in the future, to continue to motivate and make a difference in people’s lives. Sometimes it takes someone to be genuine and transparent, for people to understand they have what it takes to do it too. When making this video, so many lightbulbs went off, and I realized that I should make workout videos even more. I enjoyed the process and the people that supported me, during this journey. Even the ones, that were behind the camera, helping me record those videos.
I hope this video reaches everyone who chooses to view it well, has a good impact on them, and feels like it was worth me, sharing my story!